Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Groundhog Day?

Well, it's the evening of the 3rd, so I missed Groundhog Day. That's okay; I won't be doomed to repeat it over and over again. LOL Funny, don't you think, that if ol' Puxatawney Phil sees his shadow, there will be 6 more weeks of winter...and, hmmm...coincidentally, Groundhog Day is just about exactly 6 weeks prior to the first day of spring???? Food for thought. :-)


I'm posting some of the items I have in my shop at: http://www.Etsy.com/DzyMsLizzy


To the left is a blue crystaltone-glazed vase in a shape reminiscent of an Oriental ginger jar. You'll find it in my Home Decor section. I offer a wide selection of both purely decorative items, and utilitarian items. There is some overlap; I see no reason why something useful cannot also be decorative. That way, you can leave it out and enjoy it, thereby saving space inside your cupboards!







And on the right, is a pair of candlesticks with a faux-granite finish. They look and feel like rock, but are, in fact, ceramic. They are about 6" tall, so might want to take candles a bit shorter than those with which I've pictured them, to match the proportions better...but those are the only candles I had on hand.








Below, center, is another faux-rock item, purely decorative in nature. It resembles a chunk of carved rock with a bas-relief sculpture. Again, it is cast ceramic with a specialized finish. This is one of my favorite pieces. It is such fun to do!



Those are all the pictures I'm going to post for now. I'm still on a learning curve with this, and it taxes my poor old brain! LOL

Stop by my store and take a gander at all my items--I have over 70 things listed, from new creations to a good selection of vintage items, including quite a bit of antique sheet music; some of it is really old stuff.

Thanks for stopping by!

...Lizzy


No comments:

My Friend, Christine B.

You can Follow in this way, too!