Saturday, March 20, 2010

Curses, Foiled Again!

Humpf!  Not only did I not get to the dojo with my video camera, it turns out my timing was way off. Seems it is "spring break" week for a lot of the schools  (2 weeks for some schools!), and the dojo is having "spring break karate camp" running.  So, the place is going to be full of kids making all kinds of racket, and not conducive in the least to capturing quality video with clear audio to record the forms.

The good news, however, is this:  I have learned that I am within pretty easy reach of my next belt level.  All I have to do is solidify my most recently learned 'pinan,' learn 3 more combinations, and I will be ready to test!  Woo-Hoo!  Gotta get that video done as soon as spring break is over!

Meanwhile, I do believe I will practice on the cats.  LOL  They always make interestisng subjects.  Although, being cats, they may not be in the mood to cooperate.  Just when I want to tape them playing, they will most likely decide it is nap time. 

When I say "practice," I don't mean how to make a video--I already have lots of experience with that.  What I need to learn and practice is the "today" method of burning one's finished movie to a DVD, or uploading it to You Tube.  I have a You Tube account activated and waiting, but at this point, it is sans content.

That's it for today, folks....I have to work today to make up for the fact that I'm playing hooky on Monday.  ;-)


No comments:

My Friend, Christine B.

You can Follow in this way, too!